Our Church Vision Statement
We are a Bible-centred church that is passionate about Jesus and committed to sharing Him with our community and beyond.
EVANGELICALWe maintain that the Bible is God’s authoritative Word for all time (2 Timothy 3:16)
(as opposed to regarding it as archaic or without authority).
CONSERVATIVEWe uphold the full breadth and width of the Bible without watering down any part of it (Isaiah 66:2)
(as opposed to liberalising some parts of it to suit the contemporary mood).
CHRIST-CENTREDWe have Christ as the centre of life and worship (1 John 5:12)
(as opposed to the Spirit, who chooses not to make Himself the focus).
BIBLE-CENTREDWe make teaching and preaching of the Bible our primary purpose (Matthew 4:4)
(as opposed to being a ‘happy’ or worship club).
Our aim is to:
LOVEIncrease in love for Christ and for one another (Matthew 22:37; John 13:34)
GROWMake disciples locally and globally (Luke 10:1-3; Matthew 28:19)
MIRRORBecome increasingly like Christ in character and maturity (1 Peter 2:21; 1 Peter 2:2)
SERVEActively use our resources and gifts in serving others (2 Corinthians 8:7; Ephesians 2:10)
PERSEVEREContinue putting our faith into practice through adversity and distractions (Philippians 3:12-14; Matthew 16:24-26).
- There is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- Our Lord Jesus Christ is fully God and fully human. We affirm his virgin birth, sinless humanity, divine miracles, bodily resurrection, ascension and personal return in power and glory.
- The salvation of sinful humanity is possible only through the merits of Christ’s death on the cross on our behalf. This saving act of God through Christ is received by faith and cannot be earned by doing good works.
- The Holy Spirit indwells believers to enable them to grow Christ-like qualities within them and empowers them for mission.
- God will ultimately judge the living and the dead. Those who have accepted Christ’s death on their behalf and who seek to live as disciples of Christ will be resurrected to eternal life with God.
- The Holy Scriptures (comprising the Old and New Testaments) are divinely inspired, entirely trustworthy and constitute the supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- Christ invites us to celebrate the sacraments of baptism and Holy Communion together.