Our Church Vision Statement
Rivergate is a Bible-centred church that is passionate about Jesus. We want to grow more like Him and share Him with our community and beyond.
We are about:
BibleWe believe that the Bible is God’s timeless and authoritative Word for our world. We thus make teaching and preaching the Bible our primary focus (Matthew 4:4).
JesusWe believe that Jesus Christ is God’s Son, the perfect representation of God. We thus have Jesus as the centre of life and worship (1 John 5:12).
MaturingWe believe that being a Christian is a journey to becoming like Jesus. We thus aim to grow and deepen in our faith by faithfully applying Jesus’ teaching to our lives (Philippians 3:12-15).
ReachingWe believe that Jesus is the only hope for people of all nations. We thus make communicating Jesus’ gospel (good news) to people locally and worldwide (Matthew 28:19-20).
ChurchWe believe that the church is a unified collection of people who know and love Jesus. We thus take our identity seriously and come together for worship on a weekly basis (Hebrews 10:25).
- There is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- Our Lord Jesus Christ is fully God and fully human. We affirm his virgin birth, sinless humanity, divine miracles, bodily resurrection, ascension and personal return in power and glory.
- The salvation of sinful humanity is possible only through the merits of Christ’s death on the cross on our behalf. This saving act of God through Christ is received by faith and cannot be earned by doing good works.
- The Holy Spirit indwells believers to enable them to grow Christ-like qualities within them and empowers them for mission.
- God will ultimately judge the living and the dead. Those who have accepted Christ’s death on their behalf and who seek to live as disciples of Christ will be resurrected to eternal life with God.
- The Holy Scriptures (comprising the Old and New Testaments) are divinely inspired, entirely trustworthy and constitute the supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- Christ invites us to celebrate the sacraments of baptism and Holy Communion together.
A more comprehensive statement of faith can be viewed by clicking here.