Groups & Missions
This is where Rivergate really gets dangerous!
At Rivergate, we place the highest priority on belonging to a Home Group. We see Home Groups as:
- loving communities that provide friendship and care
- safe places for us to discover and use our ministry gifts
- communities within which we can be trained how to be Jesus’ disciples
- centres for outreach and mission.
Rivergate consists of the following Home Groups:
- Men’s group, Monday 7:30pm fortnightly
- Deb & Chris Bishop’s group, Tuesday 7:30pm
- Bron Sheldrick’s group, Tuesday 7:30pm
- Lee Mullins’ group, Wednesday 7:30pm.
Our Home Group Co-ordinator is Sid Eldridge (ph. 0412 837 429).
There are also some other groups running at Rivergate:
- M&Ms (Mary and Martha’s, 10am Thursday) – calories, craft and cafés – speak to Gloria Oxley (ph. 8337 4975)
- Intercession prayer group (9:30am Tuesday) – speak to Pam Nelson (ph. 8395 5597)
- Men’s prayer group (7:30am Wednesday) – speak to Peter Bartlett (ph. 8337 3474)
Housing estate ministry – speak to Julie McIlwraith (ph. 8336 6296)
- Thursday 1:30-3:30pm (afternoon tea together)
- Sunday lunch (first Sunday of the month)
- Special courses (cooking, finance, etc).
- Thoughts for the day and daily devotions on Christian Radio (107.9 Life FM, Vision Radio 1611 AM, and Inspire Digital).
Empart (our mission to India)
- Rivergate funds the training of church planters in Orissa.
- We fund their orphanage.
- We fund job creation for women.
- We provide them with resources and study materials.