Our Values & Vision
Is to be a:
- people transforming
- memorably worshipping
- friendship providing
- locally blessing
- nationally resourcing
- internationally partnering church.
Our mission statement:
We seek to:
- worship God
- grow as disciples
- bless our community
- bring others to faith.
We commit to:
- Wholehearted worship (Mt 22:36-37)
- Being Bible-based (1 Thess 2:13; 2 Tim 3:16)
- Being a blessing (Mt 5:13-16; Rom 15:2; Tit 3:8)
- Being culturally relevant (1 Cor 9:19-23)
- Living godly lives (Mt 5:16; Rom 12:1; 1 Pet 2:12)
- Honouring our leaders (1 Thess 5:12-13; Heb 13:7)
- Using our gifts (1 Cor 12:12-27)
- Excellence (Num 18:29; Mal 1:12b)
- Being real and authentic (Rom 15:1-2)
- Finishing well (Jn 19:30; 1 Cor 9:24-27; Heb 12:1).
Our membership statement:
We seek to:
- Pray each day
- Read the Bible regularly
- Share our faith
- Worship together each week
- Belong to a home group
- Tithe faithfully
- Contribute our abilities
- Accept the lonely and broken
- Live attractive lives
- Encourage each other.
What we believe:
We believe that:
- There is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- Our Lord Jesus Christ is fully God and fully human. We affirm his virgin birth, sinless humanity, divine miracles, bodily resurrection, ascension and personal return in power and glory.
- The salvation of sinful humanity is possible only through the merits of Christ’s death on the cross on our behalf. This saving act of God through Christ is received by faith and cannot be earned by doing good works.
- The Holy Spirit indwells believers to enable them to grow Christ-like qualities within them and empowers them for mission.
- God will ultimately judge the living and the dead. Those who have accepted Christ’s death on their behalf and who seek to live as disciples of Christ will be resurrected to eternal life with God.
- The Holy Scriptures (comprising the Old and New Testaments) are divinely inspired, entirely trustworthy and constitute the supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- Christ invites us to celebrate the sacraments of baptism and Holy Communion together.